Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Wip and Beatrix Potter SAL

Last week my computer got some kind of virus that made it crash so I was out of commission for a couple of days until the IT people could whip it back into shape. Then there was car problems , replacing the alternator then getting four new tires and an alignment.....that ate into a chunk of money that I was not planning on spending........ :(

I am joining a SAL and we are doing the Beatrix Potter Quaker Sampler and so I went out and spent a good deal of time trying to make up my mind. ( There are just way too many beautiful floss' out there to choose from)This is the Linen, Belfast 32 count Vintage Autumn Field, using Soie d'Alger #4625, which is a really deep wine colour. The linen is really good looking also as it has the appearance of mottled wine stains and will work well with the silk.

Serenity is still bee-bopping along. I really did no stitching this weekend as we had friends over Saturday and then Sunday went out with other friends so that cut into my down time with the needle. Last night I got to work on my x-stitch so I was back in the swing of things with Serenity as you can see

This is the medallion that is on the right that I finished last Thursday.

This is the medallion of the left as it was last night. The browns are really looking nice.


This is an overview of the nine medallions as they appeared last night at 11:04 pm. I still need to do the alphabet on top and the leaf boarder around. But that will come in time.

Take care,
edgar

1 comment:

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...