Wednesday, September 19, 2007

VOHRH a little stitching

I did very little stitching last night as I went out to dinner with a friend and we got to talking and then went to a recently opened Halloween store. They had the creepiest looking rats and crows on GGE (Gods Green Earth)!!! So after I got home pretty late I only had a short time to put needle to linen. Here is a snap of the progress.


I was wondering how if anyone could answer or give a suggestion as to how to handle the silks for VOHRH. There are 55 different colours of silk that are used and it seems there has to be a way to organize and keep these straight. If you have a way to organize lots of silks that is good (I think my way sort of stinks) let me know what you do. I might let you know later on how I do but not just yet, as I think it is not very efficient!!

I did not mean to come across yesterday that I did not like the movie "Artimesia." I just think that if the real story is there you should probably follow it closer than just make things up. I thought the movie was visually gorgeous and very entertaining. It is just her life was so interesting that there was no need to fabricate a new yarn around the preexisting life.

It is hump day and so the big slid to the weekend!!

Thanks for stopping by!!

Take care,
edgar

4 comments:

  1. I store all of my flosses in Floss-away bags on rings. Each project gets its own ring, then I have the master ring for unused flosses. I found the bags to be useful for keeping those extra bits of floss that were too big to throw away, but would be too small to wind on a bobbin. Plus, I think I read somewhere you shouldn't wind silk on a bobbin since it could possibly damage/crimp the fibers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. About the audio book I mentioned. It seems I was wrong. It is the true account, not fictional account of Artemisia’s life. I went to Wikipedia to check my facts. It is a very good book to listen to.


    Also, I want to share one of my Flickr photos with you. It's called: "Project Storage – Hints for Edgar".

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/7196475@N07/1409206333/

    Hope you like it!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep all my NPI in Floss-away bags with the color number written on the front of the bags. When I worked on VOHRH I kept all my required silk colors on a hugh binder ring. When I started a new block, I just removed the colors I needed for that block and put them on a smaller binder ring. Then I only had to deal with what I currently needed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some great ideas here in the comments, Edgar. I've recently been using the binder rings for some of my projects, one project in my embroidery basket. Floss-away bags are great. I've also used snack-sized zip-loc bags as access to the grocery store is much better than my lns. :D

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...