Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Block 3 is almost there.....

I worked on and finished Block 3 - City Hall - everything except for the 8 or so French knots in the flag. That is a knot that I have not been able to master. Mary from Needle in a Haystack is going to help me with them when I go over there next time. So now it is on to the Church....all white stitching, my favorite thing! Here is a snap of Block three.....

This is actually a snap of the piece as it stands now. I also finished up the sable border lines for Block 4/2, so that it is ready to go. This block does have an error, pointed out in the directions that the Reverends name is charted as "Isiah" and the correct spelling is "Isaiah." I think I will correct the spelling when I stitch the actual name. Is that what most are doing or are they following the chart to the letter. I know that lots of stitchers that do this are changing lots about the charting. I kinda like it the way it is except for this misspelling. That I think would drive me a little batty, and I do not need a push in that direction!!! :)

On the way home from shopping last night we stopped and Diamond Heights Safeway and the Video store in that mall is going out of business. It is basically a rental store with lots of titles. Well, you know I couldn't pass this sale up..... I found three titles I have been trying to acquire for the longest time.


Shogun is the the mini series and it runs anywhere from $90+ new and is at least available, Notorious and Rebecca are Criterion releases and both are out of print and can be VERY expensive on the secondary market. I paid less than $20 a piece for them!!!! woo hoo!!!! I also picked up the Marie Antoinette with Kirsten Dunst as I had loaned out my copy and it was never returned, don't you just hate that!!!! I think I will go back for a few more things.......

I really enjoyed the comments about the cobble stones, the only story I have about cobbles is, that the first time I was at Versailles walking up through the Marble Courtyard, the cobbles are not flush against each other and I had quite a time not wiping out and falling down or twisting an ankle. It was the first time I visited Europe and I had never had to deal with cobblestones in Florida. That was when I was a Junior in High School and million years ago......!


Thanks for stopping by!!!!

Take care,
edgar

8 comments:

  1. Woohoo!!! Block 3 is sooo close! HOHRH is really looking great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great Edgar!
    I remember watching Shogun with my Mom when I was little and it was on TV...she was BIG into mini-series...like Shogun, North and the South, Roots, The Thornbirds...need I go on?! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I'd be thrilled to pick up a copy of Notorious! Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, I couldn't stick to the chart of VoHRH even if I wanetd to. I make at least one big-ish mistake in every block, so my version is truly unique. My block 5 looks nothing like yours...

    ReplyDelete
  5. City Hall looks great Edgar! I'm supposed to be working on the church block, and I know I'm leaving the name completely off. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to change the name of the church or not.

    I can't believe you found the Shogun mini-series. I watched it on TV when I was living in England and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking great! I put the VofHHR on my Christmas list! Any thing in the mail?
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, too, can't really do French Knots...mine are always loose and yucky looking. So I cheat - I use Mill Hill Beads in place of French Knots. *Much* easier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're making great progress on your VoHRH!

    Oh, can I borrow Rebecca? I promise to return it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...