Friday, December 14, 2007

Still Stitching and a movie

Still working on some exchange pieces. It is a bit larger than I had anticipated so is taking a little longer. While stitching last night I did not watch the reruns of Ugly Betty or Greys Anatomy, when I first see the shows it make me crazy so I am not going to go through it for the rerun.....and with the strike it looks like a reruns ahead, matey!! But I did watch a movie, and great big soap opera of a film called "The End of the Affair," 1955. Set in war torn a blitzing London during WWII it is about an illicit affair and jealousy. I really like Deborah Kerr and had never seen this flick, not the best and it has been remade in 1999 using the same name, I will need to find this and see how well Julianne Moore did in the DK roll.

That's about it - short and sweet - and Kathryn, yes I really love all the different peels - lime, lemon, grapefruit and orange. Granny would make tons of this and all different kinds of candies every year including turtles with her homemade caramel, chocolate covered cherries (a family staple it would seem at Christmas) and just pounds of fudge, both with and with out pecans. Also the miles of cheese straws that are piped out and baked!!! I really love those suckers!!!! Ahhhh Christmas, an eating frenzy worthy of any Great White shark!!!!! :)


Oh, there was the SBQ -

Do you do anything special to your threads before putting them through your fabric to make them more manageable?

I have started to use Thread Heaven and the floss be it silk or cotton does seem to get less twisted and I can use a longer thread, probably too long.
There ya go.

Thanks for stopping by!!!

Take care,
edgar

4 comments:

  1. That's a LOT of candy made by your Gran. We just bring See's (which they don't have back east). My sister-in-law loves the Key Lime Truffles (as do I). They aren't as sweet as most chocolates. My husband's Mamaw made divinity. We made a LOT of cookies last night (and a gingerbread house), but no cheese straws yet. I might make them today, but will there be any left for the party if I make them now? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheese straws! Makes my mouth water just thinking about them!
    I've never made them, grandmama always made them. Might have to dig out the recipe!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I just gained 5lbs reading your blog, lol!!! Nothing says the holidays like a bunch of tempting treats that we've looked forward to all year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Edgar

    I found your blog a few days ago and I must admit I love it! I have been reading all the old posts and I have to say your stitching is magnificent. I don't know how you get it all done!

    I'm a stitcher, too, although right now I'm into smocking more than anything else. But after reading your blog, I think I'm going to drag out something to stitch on....

    Can you post the cover photo of Serenity? And the designer name? I haven't seen this one, since my LNS went out of business a couple of years ago. Thanks and keep it up!
    Juliane

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...