Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Some Stitching, Some Stash and an Invitation

On our trip to Louisiana I took Quaker Christmas to work on in the airports and during that odd spare moment of downtime. Here is a snap of the progress -


It looks kind of wonky because I just could not make it flat and straight, but you get the idea. I am really enjoying this piece and would recommend it to anyone interested! I think I am going to go in and add the red and gold bits before I finish as I had originally planned. I got some stash in the mail yesterday and here is a snap of the things that came -


I needed to some ideas for the Spring House exchange over at SBEBB. I have already worked out what I want to do for the Here's to Ewe exchange!!

Heres an open invite - I was watching the progress over at the Quaker Friendship RR and now that they have finished up I thought it would be nice to get another one going. If you are interested in joining this RR let me know - my email is edgarmatt @ g mail . com (remove the spaces) Basically we would each do a section and then mail it on to the next person. The original QFRR was with 6 stitchers and that seems to work out for the the chart. Here is a snap of piece from Wyndham Needleworks, but it is available just about everywhere. We would be using your choice of a lighter linen in 32 or 36 count and your choice of floss that will travel from stitcher to stitcher. I am really enjoying the HFFRR and wanted to do another one.

I think that about covers it for today! Thanks for stopping by, and let me know if you are interested in joining the QFRR.

Take care,
edgar

10 comments:

  1. I've sent you an e-mail about the RR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are zipping right along on Quaker Christmas. It looks beautiful. I don't know how people can stitch in airports, or on a plane, train or in a car. I have to be completely stationery to be able to stitch. It's a good thing I don't travel much, but do have a trip coming up at the end of the week. But will bring a book on the plane instead of something to stitch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, no more RRs for me for the next couple of years! But I do hope yours gets off the ground quickly. In the meantime, you're doing a fabulous job with Quaker Christmas. Wow, your needle must be burning hot, Edgar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun with the Quaker Friendship RR - I really enjoyed participating in it with Karen, Anne, Becky, Nicki and everyone. Lots of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful idea for the RR Edgar, I've been wanting to do one for a while now! Nice progress on Quaker Christmas, and I like the patterns you picked up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quaker Christmas looks wonderful!

    I have sent you an email re the RR.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quaker Christmas is looking wonderful! I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...