Friday, April 18, 2008

Not much going on -

No new stitching snaps. No fun mail. I placed a couple of fun orders yesterday for silk and some linen - but no snap. I did add to my wish list some pics of things I found at the on line needlework show.

Here’s a little meme about stitching habits that I found on Kendra's blog.

  1. How do you hold your fabric? I toggle back and forth between my right and my left hand with the project q-snapped. It depends on if the floss is going in or coming out.
  2. Floss licker? On the end to thread it – I usually use some thread conditioner that I will pull the floss through.
  3. How do you thread your needle? I lick the end, snip a clean cut and just stick it through the eye of the needle.
  4. What needle do you like best? J. James gold plated #26/ #28.
  5. Are you a needle loser? I have yet to loose one…usually the plating will were off or I will bend it......and I will toss it out.
  6. What fabric do you prefer to stitch on? Hand Dyed 32 count - linen
  7. Bobbins or floss bags? Bobbins for DMC – and in storage boxes, over dyed cotton on separate rings by company organized by number or color depending on the company, silk in Floss-a-way bags on rings.
  8. Are you a scissors collector? No– I only had three pair – two small Dovo for stitching, and One large Dove for fabric
  9. Do you do your own framing, and if so, do you lace or pin? I have never framed my own stuff; I really don’t feel I could do it properly.
  10. Are you a floss floozy? Yes, I just can’t pass the stuff up and have gotten into trouble over this weakness. The pile continues to grow.
  11. Silk? LOVE IT!!!!Love the look, feel and the way it stitches!!!!
  12. Railroader? Not really.
  13. Are you a pattern or designer snob? Not at all. If I like a pattern I like it regardless of designer.
  14. Do you get antsy when you give someone a stitched gift? It depends on the occasion and what I have stitched. For exchanges I worry the least.
  15. Have you reached S.A.B.L.E.? Probably, but that will not stop the buying one little bit….!!! There are way too many things out there!!!!
Thanks for all the encouragement about the sewing machine, it is amazing how many of those that are out there.... I am following a couple that look promising.

Have a great weekend, thanks for stopping by!!

Take care,
edgar

2 comments:

  1. You and I have a lot in common when it comes to stitching. But you do much larger and more complicated pieces than I do!! Your work is very impressive! Have a great day


    1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Edgar I follow your blog most days but this is my first comment. What is a SABLE??? You inspire me with all your stitching but so many of the things we can't get here in NZ and I can feel the frustration levels rising!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...