Friday, May 29, 2009

Welcome Friday - glad you're here!!!

I am so happy I am quite near to doing a jig!!! Our weekend should be very quiet and doing stuff we like to do - Out carousing at Estate / Garage Sales, movies and some stitching!! That is all that needs to happen this weekend. All the laundry is done - I finished up the last two loads last night - I probably will run the hoover around but that shouldn't take more that 10 or 15 mins.

Last night was some more exchange stitching and I am super stoked about how it is looking. I hope the recipient likes the piece!! The floss' I am using are the recommended ones and they are spot on for the piece - no snap yet - but soon!!

The flicker was "Stolen Holiday" - 1937 - starring Kay Francis and Claude Rains. It is a super Kay vehicle and she looks great. Being the clothes horse she always is the character she plays is a clothing designer so that means even more costume changes!! It also means more of the obligatory naked back shots she always had. A fun film that I would totally recommend!! Here is a shot of Kay in one of the many gowns she wore in the film -



Thank you for the nice things you had to say about the stitching from yesterday - I really appreciate it!!! Have a great weekend - and check back on Monday - same bat time same bat channel!!

Take care,
edgar

12 comments:

  1. She has the longest chest of anyone I've ever seen. If I put that dress on, the girls would have a starring role! I think I might see if I can convince the dude to explore estate sales with me this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could look that glamorous smoking a cigarrette, I might actually consider doing it. (Oh wait, what am I saying...blech! Cannot smoke and stitch.) Oh well, maybe I'll just get the dress, slap it on Stewey, and call it a day. I agree with AVS..do you suppose there are actually niplets under there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh...so happy it's Friday too. Have a wonderful weekend doing the things you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have a great weekend planned Edgar so enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great weekend!! still have to do my laundry but can do that during the day today, and i already ran the hoover this am. woohoo! just chasing the little puppies around the living room floor when they are awake. they are starting to walk. OY!

    Great stitching pics from yesterday BTW. That is the type of Halloween or Christmas RR i would love to get into, please let me know when you guys do another one, if that's ok. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah...now I know why I felt like stitching a halloween piece...it is because of your earlier post!
    Lovely picture, amazing how fashions and what is considered sexy changes over time, but boy does she have something. More of a Cary Grant person myself! Sad but true lol

    Have a lovely weekend and I am so glad I discovered your blog...never leave it without a smile ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bow that I've caught up with your week's posts - love the frames - all of them! I love trolling garage sales, but have not done actively for many a good month - should rememdy that and soon! Never sseem to find the interesting things you do though. As for movies, as much as I love them, cannot convince hubby and kids to watch them. Although, last night we did watch as a family - 'Karate Kid' - golly those 80's fashions were tragic (as was some of the acting!)
    love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well that makes one more of us, I am thrilled that Friday is finally here!!!! It has taken it forever! Sounds like you should have a great weekend and I can not wait to see your haul from the weekend's sales!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous gown. Yes, times sure have changed in what the world considers "a hot bod". She looks great. I'd choose to look like her over the pencil-thin stick figures of today's fashion world.
    Love your PS cat from the Halloween RR. Love the whole piece actually. A RR is on my "someday" list.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. cant wait to see what you pick up in your sales.. there never seems to be any here.. but we cruise the charity shops for our bargains or bootfairs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your weekend, Edgar!! Especially your stitching, forget the Hoover!:) What a lovely pic of the herione!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the black cat you stitched on the RR/exchange.

    Hope you enjoyed your weekend.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...