Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A Prize Arrives and a Finishing Frenzy

Yesterday's mail brought a wonderful gift-a-way from over at Lori's Blog Not Forgotten Farm. Her primitive style is so nice in all the crafty things she creates!! Here is a snap of what I pulled out of the package -

I just love how it is wrapped up - using an old paper pattern - what a clever way to reuse this paper!! Then opening that this darling pin keeper was nestled in....



I just love it!! When I was taking these snaps - the Peach couldn't stop sniffing around - she was very intrigued by it - Thank you so much Lori!!!!!!

Last night I spent in a Finishing frenzy - that's all I can call it. I finished up a bunch of pieces - and I mean ready for the mail finish. So with all of them sitting ready for wrapping tonight I think the first wave of things will leave on Friday. So there will be some snaps quite soon of all the stitching from last week.

There where two flicks last night - or I should say 1 1/2 flicks - the first was a NetFlix pick called "Mutiny" - 1952 - starring Angela Lansbury and Mark Stevens. It was a really very poor copy of the film put onto a DVD that was unwatchable - I got through the first half and just thought it was terrible. I can stand a poor copy and have watched many films where the copy is bad but at least the film was worth watching - this was not the case with "Mutiny." I could only get through the first half and I shut it off. I then turned to TCM and caught a really superior film - "The Magnificent Ambersons" - 1942 - starring Joseph Cotton, Anne Baxter, Dolores Costello, Agnes Moorehead and Tim Holt. This is really a great film by Orson Wells. The original running time for the film was 148 mins and this was cut down by RKO studios to the 88 mins we have left - it makes one wonder what was destroyed and lost...... I would highly recommend this film as one of the best!!

Thank you all for the nice comments - always appreciated!!!!!!

Take care,
edgar

8 comments:

  1. Pretty gift and what a great recycling idea for gift wrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! What a great prize!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The backing fabrics on that are lovely. Congrats on your prize!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty gift and you are so right it was a great way to reuse paper patterns. If I had any, which I don't I so would have copied that idea. Love Patti xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a treasure from Lori. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great gift and a truly innovative idea for wrapping in tissue!!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...