Monday, October 26, 2009

I Got a Pot!

GR&DF once again we were out and about at the sales on Saturday. It seemed that it would be a bust day until we made it over to a sale in Lower Pacific Heights..... Here is a snap -

There sitting in the kitchen was a gorgeous French Oven by Le Creuset. I have wanted to get me some of this cookware for the longest time but it is way expensive and I just couldn't justify putting the big bucks it would take to acquire just a single piece. This is an older piece in what I think is the Elysees Yellow colour. The only yellow they are making now is called Dijon Yellow and is much darker so I think this colour has been discontinued - but for the few dollars it cost I can live with pale yellow!! Le Creuset is enameled cast iron and is a dream to cook in!! I also picked up at another sale an older brown Betty tea pot - and an Italian plaque of St Francis - over all a pretty good day!!.

Stitching this weekend was focused on exchanges so no snaps of any of that - I did get a few stitches in on Hetty but I didn't get a snap - I'll get one up tomorrow.

The flickers included finishing up the Upstairs Downstairs series. I also saw "SOS Titanic" - 1979 - a TV movie of the event that was pretty good - told from three points of view - 1st Class, 2nd Class and steerage. I also watched "The Pawnbroker" - 1964 starring Rod Steiger and Geraldine Fitzgerald. An interesting part for Steiger that got him an Academy nomination for his performance. This was also Stieger's favorite movie.

That's about it sports fans!! Thanks for stopping by!

Take care,
edgar

18 comments:

  1. How lucky are you to find that Le Creuset piece?!!! I have been eying Le Creuset cookware forever, but, like you, the cost has kept me from investing. Congrats on your great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a good weekend. The teapot is really cute. Guess I don't get out much, I haven't heard of the cookware that you got. I'm happy for you that you found a piece of it that you could grab. Isn't it great to get something that you have wanted for a long time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice haul from your weekend sales. Love the St. Francis plaque. And I would almost kill ofr the Le Creiset pot! LOL

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you lucky thing!! I wanna pot too! I love everything you find. Keep posting the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dh gifted me with a Le Creuset two years ago. I've never owned a finer piece of cookware. It's just now starting to develop a lovely patina. It's never made a bad stew either. In fact nothing that has come out of it has been less than tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow great finds especially the Le Creuset it a dream to cook in. But I love the lettle tea pot too.
    Shay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice finds! You were so lucky to get the Le Creuset!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pot acquisition, Edgar!! Wonderful find!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so want some Le Creuset!! Also, I actually blogged about something! If you get really bored, stop by to see a pretty (imo) WIP. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh Le Crueset! Love it. I got a nice big pot as a gift one year. I have used it sooooo much since then.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done and congratulations on finding that Le Creuset pot. It will also serve as an at-home gym as it will be so heavy - you really need two to balance the muscles out :) Love the St. Francis piece too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. De bons petits mijotés sont au programme avec une telle casserole!

    ReplyDelete
  13. From the moment I first saw it, I've lusted over Le Creuset! I swear, it's the ONLY thing keeping me from executing a perfect imitation of Ina Garten!

    Until my penny jar fills, I've satisfied myself with a fake one from Target....I think of it as my Le Creuset with training wheels!

    Lovely color!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh, Le Creuset! Lucky you -- what a find! As for St. Francis, I loved St. Francis when I was younger. Did you ever watch Brother Son, Sister Moon? It was a wonderful movie -- I watched it over and over when it was on the Z channel back in CA days when I was young. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great find! I'm so excited for you. I wonder if the garage sale owners knew what they were selling? Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree, the Le Creuset is great, especially for cooking for fall & winter foods! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am now having pot envy...I have wanted one of those pots for ages too Edgar...WAY TO GO! And a Brown Betty too? My heaven's man...I think I need to buy me a ticket to San Francisco and go rummaging with you!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...