Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Bit more Weekend Stuff....

GR&DF I am glad that my cake catastrophe story gave all a little giggle - I can totally see the humor now, but on Saturday night I was less than jovial. What a good idea to make cup cakes - I wish I had thought of it - but at the time that idea never crossed my mind. As you can probably tell by now once my mind is set in a direction - I rarely, and I mean rarely - like never - veer off course, but just keep plugging along until either I have a total meltdown or whatever it is works like I want it to!! Pretty stubborn, I must say!

Our trip to the Farmers Market was very nice - Sunday turned out to be a beautiful bright and sunny day with a slight breeze. Here are some snaps.....

Here is our park of nub trees - I remember my first trip to Paris when I was in High School - it was early spring and many of the parks had rows and rows of trees that looked just like this - all nubbley and barren.

There where some lovely flowers for sale - these great red ones - and...

some gorgeous Hyacinth - the smell coming off these buckets was simply spectacular!!!

and the asparagus was just piled up everywhere - so we got a bunch and had it steamed with pork chops for dinner and it was a good as it looked!!

This table of greens was so overwhelming - and so green. We are coming off of winter and there where many open spaces where there should have been tents set up, but the crops are just not in yet. Here are some snaps of our purchases...

A bunch of asparagus, some great little fingerling potatoes and nice little cauliflower and my "crack" snack - Kettle Korn!! We also picked up..

A dozen organic, free range brown eggs - now in my pea brain I like the brown eggs better than white. I know there is absolutely no difference it is just my preference - and at only $2.50 a dozen you can't beat the price!!

The weekend stitching was focused on my Easter Exchange - that I got into the mail yesterday. I think it turned out rather nice and do hope my partner likes what I am sending her. I will post when I hear that it has arrived safely - which should be in a day or so.

Last night I was stitching on another exchange piece so no snaps of that - just yet -

There you go sports fans - I do thank you for you kind comments and for the time you take to leave them!! Stop by tomorrow if you get the chance!!

Take care,
edgar

19 comments:

  1. Those red flowers are just too pretty; and now you've got me wanting to eat greens and cauliflower! :D That popcorn wouldn't even survive the trip home at our house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the red ones are ranunculus. I'm going to plant some this weekend if the weather holds! Funnily, I bought some red tulips at the store the other day. I think winter is over and our thoughts turn to flowers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flowers! They are beautiful!

    The kettle corn looks very yummy - the veggies do to - but kettle corn, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a joy to see the photos from your trips to the market. The produce looks marvelous especially the asparagus - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I wish our farmer's markets would open up around here, I can't wait!!!! Your pictures make me want to take a trip into San Francisco and get fresh veggies, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pictures are so nice. Our farmers' markets don't open here til May, and I am definitely ready!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just catching up on your posts. Thanks for the lovely photos. I love asparagus, roasted! yum.

    I laughed at your cake adventure over the weekend, and admired your lovely new stash! Those PS charts are great.

    Lastly, I am sure whoever gets your exchanges will love them! I've never seen a bad one from you yet! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures, and great food purchases. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful market! I wish we had some like those in town.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Edgar, your farmer's market looks wonderful! Have you tried roasting asparagus with a drizzle of olive oil and coarse salt? It's the only way I make it now...though not as healthy I guess as steaming! Nancy D.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I so wish we had a farmers market here!! Great pictures. I was in San Francisco once in 1979 and loved it...wish I could get back there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, but there is a difference in those mass market brown eggs and the organic, range free brown eggs! At least here in my state there is. The free range actually have flavor, the others taste just like a regular white egg, in other words, no flavor. So you probbly prefer them for a reason ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your weekend pursuits! Drop by my blog to see that you've been nominated for a Beautiful Blog award!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love tulips - they're so springy and the asparagus - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing the farmer's market photos. Love the flowers, especially the pretty hyacinth. You are so lucky to have such a great farmer's market.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I use brown eggs all the time and I promise, I really do, that I can taste the difference.And I love fresh asparagus.

    Heard SF had a little earthquake---or is there such a thing as a "little" earthquake??

    ReplyDelete
  17. I so love pineapple upside down cake myself! It looked divine! The aspargarus looks yummy too!Are you guys doing alright with the earthquake? I hope so!
    Hugs,
    DaisyGirl

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all the shots for San Fran! Thanks for the lovely tour. Love your new stash items as well! Good choices. I've been eyeing that flag chart for a long time too.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...