Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Bird and a Betty

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends I did want to thank you for the kind comments about yesterdays post.  You always make my mornings and I really appreciate it.
__________

I got a much better snap of the pidges yesterday.  Since it was raining pretty steadily all day they were keeping dry under the overhang of the building.

The pidge on the left is the bigger of the two and very protective of its sibling.  They have lost almost all their pin feathers, and they try to fly, but still need lots of practice as they can only sort of squeak and flap around.
__________

Over the weekend we lost another movie talent - Betty Garrett (1919-2011).  Most people will remember her from her time playing Edna Babish on "Laverne and Shirley" or on "All in the Family" playing Archie's neighbor Irene Lorenzo.  Before her TV rolls she had a pretty successful movie career.  Here is a clip from a not so accurate bio pic about the musical team Rogers and Hart called "Words and Music' - 1948 -the song is "There's a Small Hotel".......


__________

I stitched a little on "Shores" but really not enough to be exciting.

Short today - thanks for stopping by, do come again.

Take care,
edgar

6 comments:

  1. I was saddened to hear of Betty's passing.I really liked watching her! We haven't lost too many yet this year. The last one I can remember and wasn't that long ago, was Peggy Rea.

    Love the pidges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing the pic of the baby pidges! Thanks! I didn't know Betty Garrett had passed away. How sad -- I always liked her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to tell you that everytime I come to your blog I get butterflies when I see your heading. I love samplers, have several of the patterns, but really would like to know the names of the rest of them.

    If they are all your work you are awesome! (I am assuming they are.)

    Peggy H.
    www.neverenoughstash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a new reader to your posts so I was so glad that you explained GR & DF. I had a heck of a time trying to figure it out-sort of like Cailf. plates Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. thought of you and the old movies we love-this is from the Friar's Club Bob Hope age 52 ad James Cagney age 56--http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOoNOs8Ql28

    hope the link works Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness but those pidgies have grown! Great picture of them.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...