Friday, February 11, 2011

Wrapping up the Week

Gentle Readers and dear Friends.....  I was totally not up to it yesterday.  I got up and felt like crap...  I got ready - primped and polished and felt like crap....  I drove us into work and still felt like crap.  I got all ready for the day, computer up, coffee brewing, radio going (Julie London's dulcet tones wafting through the ether)..... by this point my crap feeling had plummeted to an abyss of  "lordy why did I come in" feeling.  Since it was still very early I just laid my head on my desk and watched time tick away until I could pull it together to sit up and start in on the day.  Needless to say that time ticking away was quite a while - which led me to never getting to the Blog.  By the end of the day I was back to feeling sort of lousy, which is better than crap!!  :)
_________

On the way home we pass lots of lovely and picturesque things.  I thought I should post a typically spring SF picture....  so here's one from yesterday - in Noe Valley -


I think I told you all about the weather being so nice lately.  Here is proof that spring has sprung in the City.
__________
Last night I finished up the stitching I should have had done a few days ago.  For some reason the frogs from the other night seemed to have slowed up my stitching.  I was in the grove yesterday evening and back to normal - or as normal as it can get at my house!!   :)

This weekend will be one big finish-palooza.  For a couple of reasons - 1) I need to get things finished and in the mail come Monday    and 2) our car is at the Auto fix-it shop - it was overheating in the extreme so we dropped if off this morning and probably won't have it back until Monday afternoon.  So it is a stay at home couple of days to get things done.  It also means that we will be busing it for the next couple few days.....  gotta love the MUNI system.

We had a sad event last night.... I served up the last of the Christmas Tamales that Rico's sister made for us.  It is a Holiday family tradition and we always benefit, but to have none in the freezer is sad!!  Here's a snap of them as I pulled them from my rigged up steamer...

This year they are chicken and simply delicious!!!!  Thank you so much Misty!!!!
_________

There you go sports fans!!  Thanks for stopping by and for the kind comments I do appreciate them!!

Take care,
edgar

18 comments:

  1. Glad that you are feeling better today! Those tamales look great!

    Hope you get lots done this weekend, but just make sure you add lots of stitchy time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better. Just in time for the weekend:))

    Hope you get lots accomplished and enjoy the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are feeling better than lousy today :0)
    Those blossom trees look fantastic!
    Have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are those cherry trees or, perhaps
    crabapple trees I see in bloom?
    How beautiful! We don't have a bud
    in sight - had snow 2 days ago, so
    I guess our spring is not ready yet!
    Sounds like a fun weekend to me.
    Stay well....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm homemade tamales. When we lived in L.A. one of the janitors at USC took a shine to the dude and would bring him homemade tamales. He doesn't like cornmeal mush like I do. Yummy! I used to long for the return of green corn tamales at El Cholo. You can get them delivered year round now. Just sayin'. Still nothing like homemade.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are not feeling so crappy today. That flowering tree cheered me up immediately cause I am so ready for spring. Homemade tamales sound yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry you weren't feeling so hot, but hopefully you are doing much better now!

    There is a gal that my husband works with that makes and sells tomales a couple of times a year. They are usually really really good. This last batch was just aweful! Hopefully they will be better next time. have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That loud and soulful sigh emanating from the East Coast is just me filled with envy at the very word, SPRING. Today it is clear, bright and sunny but rather on the cool side at 20 degrees F. We are being promised a warm weekend in the low 30s but snow is in the forecast again for Tuesday. All the piles of dirty snow have a silvery sheen to them as the top layer of snow melts and then freezes again ... it is almost pretty ... and I never thought I would say that about NY's dirty snow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you're feeling better, but don't overdo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to see the pictures of San Francisco. I lived in Lower Pac Heights with a good group of gals for a couple of years before leaving California back in 2005.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your blog! The recipes, your stitching and your phots. Hope you get a chance to stop by my blog. Happy stitching, hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Edgar: I could just eat the picture they look so good, maybe Rico's sister can send some through the mail to you.
    I am glad you are feeling better, I hope your auto comes home feeling better too.
    Peace to you my friend
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you are feeling better!Thanks for the comment on my crossstitched piece!Much appreciated!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so sorry you weren't feeling well. Hope it's gone now! I am so jealous of those springy pictures. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad that you are feeling alittle better. Iam sure that their are estate sales that will be calling.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am a new follower and I just want to let you know that I have been reading (lurking) for probably 1 1/2 years. I enjoy it so much. You really make my day!

    Hope your weekend goes well and you have lots of stitching going on.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you are feeling alot better now. We are getting our "feel like crap" weather since we are getting a taste of Spring but I know more Winter weather will be behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you are feeling better now. Bob and I have felt like crap for several weeks, and it's getting VERY OLD. Ya gotta love Texas weather...it's no wonder everyone around here has been sick.

    What a beautiful snap! It so makes me ready for spring. The blossom trees are just gorgeous!

    Having tamales at Christmas is very popular around here as well. It's so nice to have someone that can make them homemade for you. I've never made them, but hear they take several days. WOW, but they are ohhhh so good! Sorry you are at the end of them. Maybe you could learn to make them and post them on your Blacksheep Bakes blog? ;)

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...