Friday, March 18, 2011

And the Winners Are.......

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends thank you all for your continued kind words and interest in my little ole Blog!!   After gathering all the entrants for the drawing there was quite a bowl full of slips of paper.  (I had some snaps but Blogger is acting up again so I can't post them).  I had the Hag Claw Pull three winners from the Bowl of Destiny......  In no particular order...... 
The First winner is.....

Patricia - she left this comment...  Simple Pleasure said... I would love to win the delicate porcelain bowl...seems most fitting, as St. Patrick is my name/saint! Busy Hands...Happy Heart Patricia

The Second Winner drawn was....
Carolyn - she left this comment.... Stitchinowl said...Throw my name into the Bowl of Destiny. I would be honored to win any of the Beleek pieces. It would be a nice reminder of reading about your Estate Sale weekend adventures on your blog.  Carolyn 

and last but not least.....

The Third Winner is...  
Lisa - she left this comment....Lisa said...Oh, Edgar I would love to win that piece of Belleek! Please, please enter me in. I have a little glass case that contains 3 shelves of Belleek. My great-grandmother collected Belleek and when she passed away, I received her whole collection. Since then, for every special birthday (like when I turned 25, 30, 35, 40, etc) my mother and grandmother continue to add to the collection. I have some really old pieces in the cabinet as well as some new ones...and ones that were signed by a member of the Belleek family.
The reason my great-grandmother started to collect these porcelain pieces w/shamrocks is because of the small amount of Irish blood that ran through her veins. As she would tell the story...her mother, Katherine O'Connell who was Irish married the milk man who was German. The romance of the story always intrigued the family...however, Katherine was not from Ireland, but from Iowa :) Oh, well - you gotta love family stories.

Take care...I hope that I have the luck of the Irish in order to win the bowl :) 

Congratulations to everyone and Thank you all again for entering!!!!  If the three winners could send me their addresses I will get the three pieces of Belleek out next week!!

__________

I hope everyone had a super St Patrick's Day - did anyone watch "The Quiet Man" - I certainly did, and loved every minute of it!!

There you go sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by - do come again!!  Have a great weekend.

Take care,
edgar

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations to all the winners!

    Edgar, I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the winners! I enjoyed reading Lisa's comment LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to the lucky winners! Hope you and Rico have a fantastic weekend Edgar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to the winners! I don't have any Irish blood but love Belleek anyway. :D We can all be Irish on St. Patrick's Day, right? Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to all the winners! Thanks for so much fun and excitement Edgar! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to all of your winners. So glad you enjoyed the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to the winners! I enjoyed reading their comments, especially Lisa's family story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Edgar, just wanted you to know that I am back on line and was able to read and catch up with you. Love all your estate sale finds, Shores is looking good and glad to see that Peaches is in control of her toys!! lol

    congrats to the winners of your giveaway.

    Hi to Rico - also will have to tell Jeremy about Urban Burger.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Ladies! Color me 'green'. ;-)

    Have a great weekend Edgar and thanks again for such a lovely giveaway.

    Smooches to the pooches...

    Marnie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to the winners! I saw the name Carolyn and nearly came out of my chair. Then I read a bit further! LOL Wrong Carolyn!

    I hope y'all have a great weekend! Can't wait to hear all about it on Monday. I always love to see what treasures you come across. :) HUGS to you and Rico and the furbabies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations everyone, you got some nice treats.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to the lucky winners!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...