Thursday, July 28, 2011

A 221 Singer Featherweight

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends while digging around and "cleaning" the 2nd bedroom closet I came across my second Featherweight Sewing machine.  I had totally forgotten I had two machines.  So I thought to myself "why" on earth do you have two???  So I have decided to sell one of my machines - and wanted to offer it first here to the stitching/crafting community that read my Blog.  I would rather it go to someone who will put it to good use.  If there is no interest then I will put it on eBay and move it there.  At this point I am not using it and all I am doing is storing it in the closet.  So - I took some snaps....









Here are the particulars - the serial number is AE985449 - dating this to May 24, 1938 - Included is the original case (w/out key), original tray, original foot controller/power cord (I replaced the frayed cord, but still kept the original end plugs), this particular machine has the decorative end plate - that many of them do not, the decals and finish are in super condition - and it runs quiet and smooth.

221 Featherweight has sold and is on its way to a new home.
__________

Last night my stitching was really a bunch a frogging.  I couldn't count to 40 if I had to.  I was working on the 12 Blessings border - all the green lines and you would think that 40 was a number I could get to - but no....  I frogged the same line of stitching 2 and 1/2 times....  the 1/2 time was when my floss finally gave out and I had to get a new piece.  By the end of the night I had all the lines in and now it is to filling in the squares.
__________

There you go sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by!!

Take care,
edgar


12 comments:

  1. Oh would I love your featherweight, but $$ just aren't there while I am on disability. I am sure you won't have to list it on eBay, with all of us out there!

    I am sorry your frogged - I had a day like that a couple weeks ago. Put the same snowman's head in about four times before I had it correct. I am finished with it now, it's a small ornament. I am going to post pictures as soon as we get sunshine!

    Have a great Thursday! Soon the weekend will be here...I agree with your previous post, time flies so quickly and we're waiting for the two days in the weekend while working hard for the other five.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Given that I seem to have given permanent house room to the Frog Prince since I started stitching Teresa Wentzler's Tracery Dragons, I can empathize with you. This rather unforgiving chart is destroying my stitcher's ego. I have been stitching for a little over 40 years and like to think of myself as an accomplished needlewoman but I have had four distinct frogging sessions so far on this project and I am less than halfway done. Don't you hate it when, in spite of all your years of experience and your very real skill, you still end up frogging?

    When I finally finish and frame this project, I am going to photograph it beside my folk art carving of a frog! No doubt, the dragons and the frog will be bosom buddies by that time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edgar, I would love to have this featherweight! I have wanted one for so long but the timing just isn't right since DH may be going on disability in the near future. I really don't have to wish you good luck on selling it because I'm sure it will go fast!

    Sorry about your frogging nightmare. I hate when that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just had to comment on the beauty of your sewing machine. It's gorgeous! I'm sure you'll find a loving home for it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edgar - I will buy your machine for $300. I live in San Francisco and can pick it up this weekend. Aileen (arubin@orrick.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am just lusting after that machine and if Aileen hadn't of gotten there before me, I think that I would have considered it. The only thing that held me back for a few minutes was counting up all the expenses I have putting my son into college. Dang kids! I'm jealous of Aileen, but happy you found a new home for that beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! Wish I had one; good of you to put it up on offer to readers first! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you found a home for your lovely sewing machine, it's got real character and I hope Aileen enjoys using it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful machine, too bad I was too late to the party!

    Sharon Crescent

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pooh! I'm late to the party, too! I've been wanting one of these for ages. Yours looks like it's in fabulous shape! Congratulations to the person that ends up with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice looking machine. Sorry about the frogs though. We all have those kind of nights sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful Singer. Whoever buys it from you is lucky.
    I feel so sorry that the frogs are having a ball at your place. That can be such a pain in the bum

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...