Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Little Flicker Post

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends I wanted to extend a warm welcome to all the new followers and greetings to my "old" followers - there are now a total of 530 followers - o-m-goodness -Thank you all for your continued support and kindnesses!!
__________

Last night I received a Netflix DVD called "I Like Killing Flies" - 2004 - not my usual thing at all - it was a suggestion from the computer brain of Netflix - I often will throw a suggested title on my queue and some are good and some a just not good - "Killing Flies" was one of the better ones.


Here is a great review by baho2 from IMBD -  "What a great idea: a documentary that just wants to entertain. Killing Flies is a restaurant-sized slice of life about Kenny Shopsin and his diner in Greenwich Village. The place is one of a kind and Shopsin's ad lib rants are as entertaining as any screenwriter could contrive. Watch this film and you will go out of your way to visit this restaurant when in New York, not just because of the eccentric owner, but because the food has the same eclectic appeal. Directed by Matt Mahurin, who got the idea as a regular Shopsin customer, Killing Flies is fun and captivating entertainment without the usual documentary pedagogy. (OK, I did learn a few things: You can put about anything into pancakes. And DON'T bring a party of five into Shopsin's!)

Be warned there is lots of profanity so if that offends this is not the film for you, but other than that it was very entertaining to watch.
__________
Still stitching away on Mystery Sampler - I think I will hold off until I settle on a colour for the alphabet to post another snap.
__________

There you go sports fans - Thanks for stopping by and for the time you take to leave comments!!!!

Take care,
edgar



3 comments:

  1. Looks interesting, Edgar! What's the bane of the restaurant? Hugs, Nancy D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear what you have decided to use for the alphabet on the BOAF Mystery Sampler. Now that you have said something, I think I want to change mine up too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great film. I'll have to keep an eye out for that.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...