Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Christmas Exchange Arrived

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends I do thank you for the warm comments and emails about yesterdays posting.  I think it is very important that we always remember the sacrifices both art home and abroad everyone makes and has made for the last 400 or so years.... 
____________

If you recall I took part in the HOE Christmas box Exchange - and I receive a wonderful Box from Michelle.  This morning I heard from my partner that I sent to - Diana from over at Log Cabin Life, she received the Christmas Box I made for her.  Here are a couple of snaps...

I stitched up a Prairie Schooler piece.  Book #32, "Christmas Ark" - using the called for DMC Floss on 32ct linen.  I first painted the unfinished box attached the stitching and then lined it with a green satin like fabric....  and here is the inside and the goodies ...


I really enjoyed stitching this piece as I always do when making something for an Exchange.

Last night I was stitching away on another Exchange piece so no snaps of that piece... yet.
__________

There you go sports fans, thanks for stopping by, do come again!!

Take care,
edgar

25 comments:

  1. I am sure your exchange partners are always delighted with your stitched gifts ... I know those Junior Mint Peppermint Crunches wouldn't last vry long in my house. I've been too busy for exchanges since the Fall Pyn Keepe Exchange that you moderated but I hope to get involved again in January, especially if there are any Valentine's Day exchanges going on ... I am itching to stitch some heart charts I have on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a lovely box, Edgar...great job! I am going to attempt one of those one of these days, LOL! You guys make it look so easy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that design. I can think of someone I should stitch that for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful piece! I'm sure your partner was thrilled to receive it! And your treats looked yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful box Edgar - I am sure that Diane is well pleased to have this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh; too awesome! Hadn't seen this one before!

    As the proud owner of one of your original boxes I can guarantee she loves it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's such a pretty christmas-y box. And great goodies too. The recipient is very lucky indeed

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, it's gorgeous! What a wonderful exchange you made!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful exchange piece! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a great job on this. Really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful, not quite usual Cristmas motif - I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful exchange gift Edgar! Your work is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a beautiful box Edgar! Wonderful work, and I love the red color!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The PS box you stitched is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Edgar: Very nice.
    Merry Christmas
    Catherine
    diamondc

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful box, who wouldn't love a gift like that.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's beautiful Edgar! What a lucky exchange partner you had.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful Edgar! I'm sure your partner is grinning from ear to ear!

    ReplyDelete
  19. As usual, beautiful stitching Edgar! Such a nice exchange! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous work Edgar! This finish is truly lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fabulous stitching box! Stitching and finishing alike, awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Edgar,

    Oh, that is lovely! Do you have plans to stitch that for yourself?

    ReplyDelete

A Damp Weekend

 Gentle Friends, still stitching away on Sarah, and here's a snaperoo... ... I like all the little bits of "wonky" that are pa...