Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Valentine Treat!!

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends thanks for all the sweet comments about "Oregon Trail."  I am in total agreement with Ariadne and the "sixth" star .....  that is done in WDW "Sand."  A very light colour...  even with out the glare of my flash it does seem very pale in comparison to the other stars.  But, the only thing holding me back from a rip and re-stitch is that this band is meant to represent a quilt and in a quilt you often have some lighter and some darker pieces - so - for the moment I am going to live with it....  or until it drives me crazy!  I do love getting feed back on things I am working on and gladly welcome any thoughts or suggestions you might have - sometimes I might not see something obvious or odd - so let me know!!
____________

I took part in the HOE Valentine Day Exchange and yesterday mine arrived!!  My Partner was Kathy from over at "Kathy's Stitching and Other Comments" - you can check out what she is stitching and see updates on her darling Rory!!  Well, she sent a wonderful exchange...


Along with the lovely stitched "Stitch Starter" she included a prezzie for the who-hounds from sweet Rory - the pink fuzzy squeaker - and since it is the new squeaky toy everyone wants a turn!!  Kathy also knows how I do love a tea towel and sent along a super heart covered one for my collection.  Here are a couple of close up snaperoos...


and here is a snap of the back....


....  includes the date and our initials!!  I have wanted to stitch one of these since I first saw them over on the Blue Ribbon site - but too many things to stitch and too little time have kept me from accomplishing that - and now I have this wonderful special one!!  Thanks you so much Kathy!!!  and Rory too!!!
____________

I worked on finishing up an exchange piece last night and will again tonight - boy, I am such a procrastinator!!  So, there will be no stitching snaps for a day or two that I can show.

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks again for all you super comments - I do appreciate them!!!

Take care,
edgar

13 comments:

  1. Lovely exchange! I haven't seen those before, where have I been?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous exchange! Happy Valentine's Day Edgar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful exchange and goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet Valentine's exchange! I bet the pups all want that toy to be theirs. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww that's lovely :) have seen those and thought very useful bit of kit for a stitcher ... not got one yet though ..lol .... happy valentines day :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely exchange, lucky you, and happy valentines too!

    Fee

    ReplyDelete
  7. sometimes I might not see something obvious or odd

    It's true, Edgar. Sometimes, you're just too close to a project and need an outside perspective.

    Lovely valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you liked it. The tea towel was to make sure the stitch starter was well protected. Nicer than bubble wrap. :) Also glad that the furkids liked their new toy. :) Have a wonderful Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful exchange gift, I haven't seen one of those before, how lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. KK is a lovely lady, Edgar. She's always been a sweetheart to me, and I even won her giveaway last year. Well, one of them!! Rory is fab too, of course. And so photogenic. Glad you loved your exchange, and have such a special piece to add to your collection! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a wonderful gift! I love that it is not only very pretty (and it has birds! LOL), but that it is useful too. Looks like Valentines Day was great for you!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...