Friday, September 21, 2012

An Autumnal Package Arrived

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends as you might remember I am part of a small exchange group, Friends Stitching Through the Seasons.  We are just wrapping up our Fall Exchanges and mine arrived yesterday.  The mail has been coming later and later and yesterday was no exception, it arrived after I left... so I had a wonderful surprise waiting for me that just made my Friday Morning!!  I usually have my camera with me and today is no exception..... so I have snaperoos.....


Karen is my year long partner and she stitched and finished a wonderful decorative cube!!  The chart is called "Falling Leavers" and is by Threadwork Primitives.  It is finished up just lovely with gold and orange organza ribbon.  Here's a close up......


The goodies included with in the package include a lovely piece of cream linen, a gorgeous hank of Limited Edition of Belle Soie silk, in the most rich shades of brown!!  There are some of my favorite petite gold 28 sized JJ needles, a magnet note pads, a cute pumpkin photo holder, a great piece of cast iron, some fun Fall Bells and a package of Whoopee Pie mix!!  An overall super Fall Package!!!!  Thank you so much Karen!  

What a wonderful way to wrap up the week!!!
______________

  That's about it for today sports fans, thanks for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

21 comments:

  1. What a lovely exchange! Such a nice package to come to work to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely goodies!
    I really love "Falling Leaves"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome exchange set! Do you know if she used the recommended fibers on this piece?

    I bought a copy of the chart last year, and have yet to see anyone stitch it other than the designer. So, you know, wondering how it "really looks in the wild", so to speak. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a truly wonderful exchange package! So many lovely things and a mix to make goodies later, too. :) How very nice.

    Wishing you a lovely weekend with lots of stitchy time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Berit, I did stitch it with the recommended threads. Love how it turned out and now have to stitch for me too.
    So glad you like it Edgar! It's alot of fun being your partner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great package. Kudos to Karen, and Enjoy! to you, Edgar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Karen did an outstanding job with your exchange goodies Edgar! Lucky you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful Autumn package! I just love the stitchy cube. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful exchange. Love the cube - that pattern is going on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great exchange. I really like that design and the way that it's finished off!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely exchange. Great pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely stitching & goodies! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great way to move into fall! Love this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful exchange. Love the block idea, and she really picked a great sampler to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a lovely exchange and beautiful pin cube/keep she made for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful exchange piece...love the ribbon. Your October is beautiful, I like the oranges. I think the turkey makes November! Congrats to Melody on winning those hard-to-find, elusive Oreos. I am still on the hunt. HOpe you enjoy(ed) your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely exchange. That's such a great parcel to come back home to :)

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...