Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Harvest Treats

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends so many wonderful comments this morning, thank you so much!!!  The Cottage SAL is a really fun piece to work on and now that we are coming to the end with only Novemeber and Decembeer left it will be sad to see it end.
_____________

Over the weekend we got to one of the larger Farmers Markets and found it overflowing with fruits and vegetables just pouring in the the local farms.  I got some snaps.....


The peaches and nectarines seem to have been bumper crops locally  - they are really tasty this year and I have been enjoying them for the past few weeks....  I know that the season is comign to an end and it will be an entire year until they com back in.

The cauliflower were gigantic and lovely

There was lots of peppers to see.
______________

I made the rounds to the Thrift/Consignments Shops and found these two medium sized bowls..

 
....  Marked Upper Hanley they can dated to about 1895 and the pattern is called "Myra."  I think for a few $'s they were totally worth it.
___________________

I stopped off at Walgreen's last night on the way home from work and found something I had heard about.....


 .......  some Pumkin Spice Kisses!!  You know what a sucker I am for the seasonal things that are foisted upon us... well, it is even worse during the Fall and Winter.  I read about these a while back and had kept an eye out for them and what a treat.  All spicey and pumpkiny they are pretty tasty!!!
_____________

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks again for stopping by, and for your super comments!!!  Do stop again.

Take care,
edgar

13 comments:

  1. I do love fall treats! Probably just as much as Christmasy ones. :) I got me a pumpkin scone at Starbucks this morning- LOVE them. Your farmer's market pics are always so pretty. We were watching "Trip Flip" the other day and they had gone to San Francisco and went to one of the farmer's markets- found myself wondering if it's one of the ones you go to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your farmer's market pics. Our peaches are long gone around here. Lucky you to have such good ones there! Love those dishes -- they are really pretty! And the kisses -- never seen them before! I'll have to keep an eye out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our local peach orchards produced bumper crops as well and we are thoroughly enjoying the harvest. Happy eating and cooking. Your Farmer's Market photos are always a joy to behold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so hard to stay on my meal plan and read your post,LOL the pumpkin kisses sound delicious. What I can have are all the fruits and veggies I want and they look delicious too. Great find on the bowls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those bowls that you picked up. And I love this time of the year for the fruits and vegetables that come in - although I doubt that we had a bumper crop because the warm summer really reeked havoc with our crops.

    And I'll have to try those Hershey Kisses. I love when they come out with new flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the two bowls...be on the look out for Brachs mix, with candy corn dipped in chocolate.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. The produce is just beautiful. You are so fortunate to have nice produce readily available.

    Have you tried the candy corn Oreos? I wonder what they are like.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A China pattern named Myra?! I forsee a hunt in my future. Those are really pretty as is all that glorious produce.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Edgar, You are a champ at finding tasty treats!!! Love those bowls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bowls look to be perfect and they have a beautiful pattern. I didn't have a good peach this year - no kuchen! Nice veggie selection on your coast.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The produce look so beautiful. Very very pretty bowls.
    Wow, spicy kisses!! Sounds interesting. Like the piece you have used in the background to display the kisses :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful dishes & I love the look of that farmers market : )

    ReplyDelete

A Damp Weekend

 Gentle Friends, still stitching away on Sarah, and here's a snaperoo... ... I like all the little bits of "wonky" that are pa...