Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Winning Cookies!!

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends I do thank you for all the kind comments and emails about yesterdays Post - warmest thanks from me to you!!!!  and to Faye, who without her sewing prowess I could have never pulled off the basket!! 

 I had a question from Tracey about how I "dyed" the linen to age it up a bit.  It was super easy, I had been afraid to try dyeing any myself for fear of ruining some expensive linen.  Well, I found some linen at an Estate sale for a great price - so now I had no excuses.  Having read how to do it over on Vonna's Blog, "The Twisted Stitcher" I just followed her directions.  She is a wonderful source of Stitchity Information and a super Gal Pal!!!!  It was her coffee method, soaking, and spattering the linen with grounds, then a baking of the material in the oven et voile, aged linen, after a quick iron it was good to go. 

I also wanted to say how grateful I am to you about all the nice things everyone had to say about all my changes to "October" cottage, I often second guess myself about colour, and this was no different.  I think I frogged as much as I stitched to get the oranges were I wanted them.
_______________

Over the weekend I ran the rounds to the Thrift / Consignment / Estate Sales and only found a couple of books....  slim picking for sure!  Here's a snap - 



I found another Philippa Gregory novel, about Mary, Queen of Scots.  I have really enjoyed her take on the history.  I also found another "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens, a facsimile copy from the Columbia University Press, 1st edition in slipcase, 1959.  Although the slipcase is a bit rough the book is in pristine condition.
____________

Now, the winner of the Special Edition Oreo, Candy Corn Cookies.....  I made a copy of every ones entry on slips of paper and then mixed them up for Rico to draw a name.....  but...


Smokey jumped in a drew one for us....  after getting the slip from him we found that he had drawn.....

 .
.......#16. Melodyr as the winner.  So, Melody, if you could send me an email with your snail mail address I can get those sweet treats into the mail and on their way to you!!  Thank you all for entering my little Gift-a-way!!
 ________________

 That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks again for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the "dyeing" info, Edgar! I couldn't find it on Vonna's tutorials... so I Googled it and found it here: http://thetwistedstitcher.blogspot.ca/search/label/Bake%20and%20Basted%20Fabric%20Instructions

    Enjoy your cookies, Melody! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your giveaway drawings if only just to see your cute little fur babies. :D Congrats to the winner! I saw some Oreos in black with orange centers, but no candy corn colored ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so excited to taste the cookies. I have not seen them here in Florida. Thank you so much!!

    Melody

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about color changes. I do it many times but always with my fingers crossed. Congratulations to the cookie winner. My diet is happy the winner was not me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is Smokey?! I just love a helpful pup. Congrats to Melody.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to Melody. How cute of Smokey to jump right in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Phillipa Gregory is my favorite author. I first found her years ago and read everything she writes. Except I havent read the BIG ones. I think I will get them on kindle since I read most often in the bathtub each night before bed. I was lucky enough to meet her when she came to a Santa Cruz bookstore.
    I thoroughly enjoy your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...