Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Not A Stitching Post...

Gentle Friends once again my cup runneth over!  All your kind comments and emails about my ATS finish, I am completely overwhelmed.  Thank you all so much!!  Last night I touched nary a needle, that's not to say I did no stitching related stuff.  I actually had every intention of stitching but I got caught up in straighting out the "knot o'floss" that had accumulated in the bottom of the ATS pouch.  (I keep each WIP in a separate zippered pouch and these pouches are in my stitching basket.)  I had to get them straight and back in alphabetical order in the GAST and CC floss bags, it's just a crazy OCD thing I have going on. I also had to straighten out the WIPs and just clean up the mess that the stitching basket seemed to have turned into - it happens, and has to be dealt with.  I'll post about the WIP's tomorrow, today was supposed to be a non-stitching post, refer to the Post title.....
_______________

Over the weekend I baked up a great, and super easy, coffee cake recipe I found over at AllRecieps...  called Cinnamon Coffee Cake II, using a boxed yellow cake mix, it couldn't have come together any faster, and was really a very tasty cake, if I do say so myself.....


The only change I made (and you knew there would be one) was to add some powdered espresso, I read that little hint in the reviews, and it was a good addition.
______________

On Sunday after mass, and a big old stack of pancakes at Eddie's Cafe, we trotted over to the little Farmers Market and picked up a couple of bunches of collard greens.  I love me a mess of greens, Rico is not a fan, but I do the cooking so greens we had.  


I picked up the piece of salt pork after work yesterday, and cooked them up last night, along with ....


....some biscuits and mashed taters Rico made,  I fried up some chicken and it was a super supper!!   - and - there was enough left over for lunches today - who could beat that!!
____________

That's the skinny today - thanks again for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

15 comments:

  1. It all looks so delicious! I always love seeing what you are cooking or baking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm, now I'm hungry! And there's still 4 hours till lunch! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love coffee cake...I just may find that recipe and try it. Isn't it amazing how our baskets get messed up? I know there is an imp at my house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cake looks delicious and the supper sounds great! I haven't had collards in so long!I'll be going to SC the end of next month and hope to get some there.
    Can't wait to see what will be next out of the stitching basket...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy post! All good things. Have a great day, Edgar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My stomach is growling just looking at the pictures.
    I do wish we lived near each other I would have you cook me up some yummy food, ( I am not a good cook), however Mike is he lived in Japan and learned to cook Japenese, korean and phillipino food, yumm.
    Hugs
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good, ole Southern meal to me! YUM YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh now I'm hungry!
    I keep all my WIP's in separate zippered pouches too. It really helps to keep things organized.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks so delicious! I made cheese stuffed shells and meat sauce on my blog...http://deafiesinthekitchen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Edgar stop... you are making me hungry. It looks and sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds like a super delicious dinner. My mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lunchtime here, I definately need to get off this computer and fix me something to eat after seeing your lovely food.

    ReplyDelete
  13. YUM!!! I would be feeling really hungry if I hadn't just had some yummy leftovers a friend made (brisket!!!!)

    You can keep the greens, though, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG I love greens too. I was making them like crazy last year when I was getting the organic veggie boxes delivered to my house. I even put leaks and kale in mine. You have to have them with mac n'cheese!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...