Friday, April 12, 2013

A Couple of Fun Films

Gentle Friends I thought I would leave you with some film thoughts today.  Since I watch lots of different films from all periods and styles I think these two films, which have absolutely nothing to do with each other (except I viewed them recently) would make for some nice viewing for others...

First up will be the Noir Classic "Gun Crazy" 1950 - directed by Joseph Lewis, original called "Deadly is the Female" - starring Peggy Cummins and John Dall.  

The film is about the life of a man we see grow from a child to an adult obsessed with guns... then guns and a woman!!  Not only obsessed but willing to do anything for his beautiful but "bad girl" turned wife.  His willingness to please and do anything turns into a crime spree for the gun-toting husband and wife team.

The second film is a much newer one - "Rise of the Guardians" - 2012 - a 3D computer generated film from the books by William Joyce.  


The Band of Guardians include Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, the Sandman and the newest Guardian, Jack Frost - their mission is to protect the children of the world.  The film revolves around their fight against Pitch, the Bogeyman.  A really wonderful film, both visually and story wise.  It seemed a bit intense at moments and I would not recommend it for really small kids, but for most kids I would think it would be fine.

Both of these are worth a look and both are on DVD so rentable.  That's about it for today sports fans.  Check in on Monday to see who is the winner of my Book Gift-a-way (see last post).  Thanks for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen Gun Crazy but I love movies from that era and will definitely check it out. I recently purchased Rise of the Guardians for my grandchildren (well mainly for me). We all love it. When they are over they ask if they can watch the Jack Frost movie.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...