Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Stitching Elizabeth and Bakin' a Cake

Gentle Friends the weekend by the Bay was just about perfect.  The temps where in the upper 70's just about 80 with a slight breeze, and lots of sunshine, no fog or it would have been perfect.  I did my usual therapeutic running around and thrifting  - and  I'll will post tomorrow those bits, today I wanted to show an update of Elizabeth.  Since last Thursday the stitching has been slow but steady - and with a few frogs....


I would have been through the large open bit that will have two birds in the middle, but I was off a single thread with that design that has the rose in it -  and it was throwing things off far too much so I had to frog a butt load of stitching and then restitch - it happens.  

I am so waffling on what to start Santa's Village on, I don't want to start to light, then the snowflakes will not show, and I don't want to start too dark - I have on order a couple of pieces of linen and I "bought it now" a piece on the "bay of evil' so I will wait it out to see what I like best..... 
___________

Sunday afternoon I made up a coffee cake.......


Super easy and I talk about it in the morning.

That the quick news today sports fans, thanks for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

7 comments:

  1. Edgar, Elizabeth is looking just lovely and that coffee cake so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're really zipping along on Elizabeth! She's looking great! That coffee cake looks delicious too. I should never look at your blog when I'm hungry. lolol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a mighty fine lookin' coffee cake, & Liz is looking better & better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth is just beautiful! I do love Quaker designs. How yummy that cake looks! I'll be looking for the recipe tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made some progress on Elizabeth even though the frog came to visit. I really like this piece but I probably said that before. :) As usually, the food looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, hot damn that cake looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...