Thursday, July 18, 2013

RAK'd and an Estate Sale

Gentle Friends the other day the mail brought a lovely RAK from Grace over at Needles Pins and Dragonflies.  We exchanged- emails about chocolate and jelly and she sent me....

..... some Prickly Pear Cactus Jelly, "Holly Band" kit from Charland Designs and some great charms.  Now I have an excuse to make some biscuits this weekend with this treat!!   The "Holly Band" piece will be a challenge as it incorporates many stitches I have never tried!  Thanks so much Grace!!!
____________

Last weekend we made the rounds to the different shops and as I said  before it was a total bust - as it can be - with there being next to nothing I wanted/needed/or could rationalize buying.  But there was an Estate Sale that was really super - tons of stuff and I found a little pile of things to add to my heap of things.....


... from l to r.... I can barely resist ( alright I can never resist) yellow ware and this bowl was in a stack of them - I eliminated the others as they were either cracked or chipped and this one was perfect, the large silver tray was in a pile of silver and although I could have swooped in on all of it I decided to pick out the piece I really liked, and this beautifully engraved tray was perfect, and the little silver piece...

... is a really, heavy, old Victorian card tray with very little bleed ( were the silver has worn through) due to the fact that good 19th century silver plate is thick and beautiful... and how could I pass on this since it is covered in lovely foliage decoration....  and the book  "Mrs. 'Arris Goes to Paris" was just dumb luck.  I remember the TV movie back in 1992 of the same name but did not know that was an adaption of this book, so when I saw the book I snapped it up also.  It was a really good Sale and I love the things I found.
_________

There you go sports fans, thanks for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar


9 comments:

  1. Great finds, I am with you on yellow ware bowls. Love the edge on the little tray, it looks like it should have a calling card on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice finds! I love that yellow ware piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing the wonderful treasures you unearth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen that movie only once and really enjoyed it!! Angela Lansbury is such a jewel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, great finds! The silver plates are gorgeous. The little one would be perfect for my sons' wedding!
    Good choice!
    greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish we had just a smidge of the estate sales here that you have there. You always find the neatest treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful treasure...
    Happy day x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great RAK & lovely treasures : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Mrs'Arris goes to. Paris I gave my Mum the D D and she enjoyed it so much.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...