Thursday, July 25, 2013

Thrifting Thursday

Gentle Friends last weekend was almost a bust for cool stuff to find and buy, but I did wind up with a few treats....


... two DVD's from the Mel Brooks Collection released in 2006 - there are actually 8 DVD's in the set, but I already 5 of them in DVD format, only lacking 3, these two "High Anxiety" - 1977, a tribute to Alfred Hitchcock and "To be or Not to Be" - 1983, a remake of the Ernst Lubitsch 1942 classic.  There is one other film from the set "The Twelve Chairs" - 1970 - but I couldn't find that in the DVD bin, the other films where there, however the Box that they all came in was missing which made these available individually.  I also picked up a pristine set of the 3rd Series of "House of Elliott" - 1994 - and although there was really no ending and without a wrap of the story (the plug was pulled on the series at end of this the 3rd installment) I still enjoyed the Series  - BTW it was created by that dynamic duo Jean Marsh and Eileen Atkins who created that other super series "Upstairs Downstairs."  I also picked up another beautiful picture book version of "A Christmas Carol."

That's about it for today sports fans - thanks again for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

6 comments:

  1. I so enjoyed House of Eliott, I agree no real ending. In fact my son-in law still grumbles about no ending " they can't leave it like that" Funny story, sitting around the holiday dinner table one year, my daughter says" I came home from work one night and you will never guess what Matt was watching I was so mad" My mind wondered to extremes.....'He was watching the next chapter of House of Eliott without me" hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have a very extensive collection of DVDs. As a fellow film buff, I have to admit buying DVDs is one of my vices as well. In fact, I was planning to search the web for a copy of the old Hitchcock/Stewart classic Rope. My husband and I had a VHS version but no longer have a VHS player and I would like to see the film again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow nice collection of cd,s ..I love them.
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I often think of you while I am "thrifting" :-) which I did this past weekend ~ some great finds for me.

    Wow, I remember when High Anxiety came out in the movie theatre when I worked...long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember the House of Elliott when it aired here in the UK, thoroughly enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...