Monday, August 25, 2014

A Little Shakin' and a Little Stitchin'

Gentle friends, the earthquake that hit early yesterday morning, was centered about 6 miles from Napa Valley.  It felt down here in San Francisco, which is about 60 miles away.  It hit at about 3:20 am, and the only reason I was awake to feel it was the dogs were just loosing it and woke us up, so that we could all enjoy the rattling and shaking.  It lasted all of 20 seconds and then I rolled over an went back to sleep.  There was some damage nearer the actual epicenter, but none in the City or at our house.
___________

I got a little more stitching done on the samplers, here's some snaps......

... I finished up the flowers in the border of "Rosy Morning" and started in on one of the birds....


... and I chose another over dyed "Avocado" to finish stitching the border of "Summer Harvest." 

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

20 comments:

  1. Glad to know that everything is okay with you Edgar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news you and the family are safe.
    The avocado thread looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you all are okay. I was wondering about you. Lovely progress too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colours on your borders Edgar. Glad you weren't too badly affected by the quake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edgar, the pics from the earthquake last night on the news looked seriously scary. Glad you guys are well away from it and are ok.

    Love the two new pieces in progress. I gotta look those up. I need something smaller to stitch these days than the big samplers, like the one you got from Beth! Looking forward to seeing your progress on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stitching! Are you stitching it with one thread or two?

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear that you, Rico and the pups weren't affected by the earthquake! Nice stitching just like you always do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That avocado thread looks awesome! It looks really good on the fabric! Brings out the different shades! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to know everything is fine where you are. I am always amazed at how much more in tune with events our dogs are. Love the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad o hear all are safe, with nothing disturbed ut your sleep!

    Rosy Moringin is going to be wonderful,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good news that you are all okay.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad you all are safe and sound. I swear, if it weren't for the worry about earthquakes, I'd be living in SF right now. But earthquakes scare the bejeezus out of me. lol!

    I absolutely love your stitching!!! OMG! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear that you & yours are okay : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to hear you are all ok! Love the stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad to hear that you all are okay!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  16. I thought about you and Rico. Glad to hear you are just fine! I love the starts!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your projects are lookin' good Edgar, glad you had no damage from the quake. Love that photo of Smokie in your last post! Just too cute....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dearest Edgar: I am so glad to hear you were not affected by the quack.
    Lovely stitching.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad to hear all is well with you. Congrats on your borders, maybe it is only me but I worry like crazy that my borders will not match up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad to hear you are all OK. Both of your projects are looking lovely

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...