Thursday, August 14, 2014

Thrifting Thursday

Gentle Friends, last weekend we were making the rounds to the usual shops and even a couple of estate sales and after all the looking and running around it was almost a bust.  When I go out to "thrift" I never have any notion I'll find something and sometimes I don't.  However, I did come away with a single fun piece.....

a great older matroyshka Santa Clause..... you pop him open and find......

... Mrs. Claus.... and, you pop her open and find....

... a Christmas tree!!  How great is this, and for only a couple of dollars at great little thing to take home.  I have always loved this great dolls, and have resisted for years collecting them - I see them quite often, usually not complete and missing parts, but such charm.  When I saw him in the case at Thrift Town (yes, that's the name of the place) I thought to myself if he's complete it's mine.....  I think I'll stick to the unusual ones......
____________

There you go sports fans - thanks again for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

7 comments:

  1. now that is just a darling little find, how lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is great! I don't think I've seen one where the smallest "doll" is something completely different like that. Too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's cute! Another great find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! The little tree would've sealed the deal for me. Great find! :)

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...