Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Yummy German Food....

Gentle Friends..... my dear Blog/Stitching Friend, Roberta, was wrapping up her trip with her daughter to Japan with a stop off in SF on her way back to the East Coast. The trip was spectacular and she will be posting snaps and descriptions at her blog "Simply Stitching in the Garden" soon.  They were staying with her son who lives here - and we all got together Sunday morning for brunch at a new to me place......  Schmidt's.

When I say we -  it was a little group of us.... including Roberta, Lindsey, her daughter, Jeremy, her son, Michael, his partner, Rico my other half and me.  They have communal seating at big tables and we had a whole end to ourselves......

.... you can click HERE to go to the Brunch Menu to see what we could have ordered......  what we ended up having was the following.......

..... Roberta and Rico had -  "Armer Ritter - battered hefezopf french toast with maple syrup and fruit.... with crispy bacon on a side plate.....

.... since I am a big fan of the German Wurst I ordered the Wurst Platte - with two wursts.... the Nurnberger Bratwurst  (skinny light coloured one)and a Berliner Currywurst (the fat one with the curry/ketchup sauce on it)  When I was traveling in Germany at almost every Town and Village I tried the wurst - and remember fondly the little white wurst from Nuremberg so I had to get them.....and if I could find a tour just riding around Germany/Austria eating different Wursts I think it would be wonderful!!!

.... Michael got the Kalbsschnitzel Sandwich - veal schnitzel on toast with chive cream, fried egg and mixed greens..... and.....

.....Jeremy and Lindsey got Waffeln Lingonberry-Quark with a Wurst.   

Everything was really delicious and it will be on our list of places to go on the weekends for breakfast/dinner!!!
_________________________

That's about it for today sports fans. Thanks again for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

8 comments:

  1. Oh My Word!!! Doesn't that all look de-lish!!! Makes my bowl of rice krispies with banana slices look a little pathetic. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're in Alameda shopping at NIAH, stop by Speissekammer, on Lincoln at Park, for a bite to eat. Great German food and a sunny Biergarten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy, yummy! I love seeing your beautiful stitching, but I almost enjoy your food photos just as much!!!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like great food and a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being that my last name is Pfeiffer and I was born in the town of Haubstadt, Indiana - I'm very familiar with schnitzel and wursts and cabbage and the like and all of these dishes look very delicious and make my mouth water!!! What good fun to meet up with a fellow blogger!

    **and thank you too for my calorie-free foodgasm today! 1200 calories go really fast ;(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a yummy outing! I love me some German food... my fave is Rouladen :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dude and I have one of those "someday" plans that we would take a trip through Europe eating sausage wherever we went and then write a book called "Europe on a Sausage Roll." I kind of don't want to eat speckwurst when we go to Germany.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...