Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Makin' Soup

Gentle Friends, it's been a wonderfully rainy winter so far, and with all the cold and damp I had a hankering for some soup.  I had baked a gigantic ham-a-saurus and even after giving away a ton of ham to Friends I was still left with quite a lot...I did some thinking and came up with "Split Pea" soup.  The Internet yielded a nice and easy recipe...from Taste of Home - "Hearty Split Pea Soup."

Here's a snap after everything went into the pot.....

 ... I liked this recipe because it was one covered pot and you simmered it for a few hours....

....  after a few simmering hours ... here's a snap of an overloaded bowl of this wonderful soup.  It is supposed to be rainy off and on for the next 10 or so days, and this recipe made quite a lot so we'll be having soup again soon!!
________________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks for stopping by, stay warm and dry!!

Take care,
edgar

11 comments:

  1. Always good to have a bowl of soup at this time of year!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. One word. YUM!!!!!!!!!! It looks delicious and I love some good homemade soup on a cold winter day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Split pea soup always reminds me of the George and Martha book I used to read to my children. Martha loved to make split pea soup but George hated split pea soup. He did not want to hurt Martha's feelings so he pretended he ate the soup but he poured it in his shoes. Which worked until it was time to put them on!! Your split pea soup looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homemade soups are always the best and yours looks delicious. I love soup. Just made a huge pot of vegetable beef soup so like ya'll we will be having it again soon.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy my dear..
    Have a lovely time x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is definitely soup weather!! I made some good chili yesterday! Very rainy and cool up here. However, after last summer, we all need the water.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could do with a bowl of your heartwarming soup, it's supposed to snow here during the night....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved your Ham asarous! That made me laugh, the soup looks delicious! My favorite magazine is "Taste of Home."

    ReplyDelete
  9. made the soup for dinner tonight - it was delish - thank you for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the link to the recipe. I love a good soup when the weather is bad, it is just so comforting. x

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...