Wednesday, May 11, 2016

A Little Bakin'

Gentle friends, I found some coconut in the freezer and then got a wild hair about making some cookies... et voila... Hawaiian Christmas Cookies......

...  this is a cookie from my childhood and very much like a Mexican Wedding cooking,  really crunchy, not too sweet and great with a cup of coffee or tea.  I found dozens of recipes on line and the main difference between the recipes on line and my hand written card from many years ago is the amount of sugar used in the dough.  It can be a little as a 1/4 cup and as much as a 3/4 cup , I find that 1/4 cup of sugar the perfect amount, for my taste.  So, here's a pretty typical recipe....click HERE.
____________________

That's about it for today sports fans!!  Thanks for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar


3 comments:

  1. Yummy, the really look delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound delicious. I have some unsweetened fine coconut (an excess of it actually.) I wonder if this would work with it if I upped the sugar a bit to make up for it being unsweetened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delish! Congrats on the awesome bake job!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...