Thursday, June 9, 2016

Thrifty Thursday

Gentle Friends, even with very little going on around here, 
we did make it out over the weekend for a little shopping...

... we hit the usual "shops" and an Estate sale....  I picked up some fun stuf.....from L to R, an oversized transferware cup and saucer in the "Beverley" pattern, a super flat back Royal Worcester ewer date marked 1888, a commemorative cup from the Coronation that never happened for Edward VII, a DVD and I found a copy of the Blu-Ray release of "How the West was Won" one of only two traditional full-length CINERAMA films ever released.  Although it is a little light and sometimes silly on the story side it was magnificently shot and is really a beautiful film to watch...and the Blu-Ray release is a glorious restoration.
______________________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

4 comments:

  1. Great finds - I especially love the red and black combo on the cup/saucer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice finds. It would seem that something commemorating a Coronation that never happened would be worth some money but even if that's not the case, it nice to have still. I'm jealous of all the neat things you find in and around SF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Thrifty Thursday".... I always look forward to those posts. Sometimes I'm a little envious and other times I think "I could have left that on the shelf" lol But I do love seeing what you bring home. Thanks for posting the pics.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brave was such a lovely film, my granddaughters favourite

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...