Thursday, July 28, 2016

A Little Bakin'

Gentle Friends, again not much out there to report on from the world of thrifting and consignment....  so I'll mention something sweet and tasty I made up Sunday afternoon... I got a hankering for some scones and to the interent  I headed... at the Food.com site I found an easy peasy recipe that looked and sounded good..... Mini Vanilla Scones (Like Starbucks) and I do enjoy those treats, so I thought why not give it a try....

...  it came together quite quickly and from thing's I already had in the cupboard.  The only changes I made to the recipe were to use the whole stick of butter in the batter and sprinkle the top with a bit of sugar before baking.  It turned out terrific!!  The scones had a very tender crumb, and really, so much more tasty than those from Starbucks, I guess warm from the oven never hurt a baked good!!  Give it a try, you won't regret it at all!!
_________________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks again for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

4 comments:

  1. hi edgar ~ thx for this, gonna check out this recipe. sometimes simple baking from the pantry is the best. wishing you a fab weekend to come...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a recipe I will have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious. I think I'm going to make a pineapple upside down cake this weekend. I remember you posting about one a year or two ago. If I remember correctly, you posted the site where you got the recipe. I know I wrote it down......I made it and it was so delicious. Just hope I can find the recipe or the site again.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, these look yummy. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...