Monday, June 19, 2017

A Little Stitchin'

Gentle Friends, we had our first really warm weekend.... in the low to mid 70's on Saturday and then a sweltering 83 on Sunday....  at my MIL's house down in the Valley it reached a whopping 108.....  I guess Summer is upon us at last....  even though it reached 83 by early afternoon... by nightfall, the breeze had picked up and the temps plummeted back into the upper 60's and low 70's.... so this morning we are back in the weather comfort zone!!  That's one of the lovely things about living here by the Bay, that the weather, even though it may get on the warm side usually breaks quickly and gets back to being cool.  Even with the heat getting turned up we still got some running about thrifting on Saturday and got some stitching done.... here's a snap...


...  although this is a pretty terrible snaperoo of the project you get the idea of where I've gotten to.... I've swapped out a couple of floss colours on this block and will mention them as I get along...I really am enjoying this piece quite a bit!!  I do enjoy BBD designs and even though I'm only at about the halfway point with this piece I'm already planning what the next project will be...pretty silly I know!!
__________________

There you go sports fans, thanks for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

7 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying this piece - it is so beautiful. As far as weather goes, we have officially reached the HOT weather here in Phoenix. The forecast is for 118 tomorrow, but the news keeps impressing on viewers it could top 120+. So many people move here each year and they are just not prepared for the really hot weather that we get the last week of June each summer. It's a blessing in disguise though, because it pulls the monsoon moisture up here from Mexico which gives us the chance for rain. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is never too late to plan ahead.... This project is really a
    beauty, Edgar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are really making wonderful progress on that piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to be in the city by the bay right now! I live north of Vicki above, in the mountains and it hit 101. This is like the hottest it gets here. Your progress is looking great! I like how you concentrate on one project; I'm all over the place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful project. you have inspired me so much that I went ahead and ordered the three patterns that I didn't have in the series. I just need time to plan them into my life now. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazed at your progress. Truly awesome Edgar! It is exquisite!

    MaryO1230
    San Pedro, CA

    ReplyDelete
  7. This piece is so charming and friendly-looking! It's fun to see it progress.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...