Thursday, August 3, 2017

A Little Gift and a Little Thrift.....

Gentle Friends, just a quick post today.....  a little back story.... some very good friends of ours bought a second home up in Guerneville.  The house was they bought was filled full chock full of things and slowly they have been going through the "stuff.  One of the things they found was a long stitched picture and they knew of my interest in "stitching" things and so they gave it to me.....

... although there is a little damage, the floss used looks to be a variegated wool, and it is stitched on a paper ground...

.... it is in a Victorian Faux Bois frame with chip carving which probably dates to the mid-1880's... it's a really fun piece and I was so happy to have rescued it...they didn't want it and it was headed for the Goodwill pile....
_________________

... I found this great blue transferware plate at a thrift store on Saturday and I bought it not because of the picture of the State Capital of Illinois, but for the border which is very similar to the "Wildrose " transferware pattern, I collect.
____________________
There you go sports fans, thanks for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

5 comments:

  1. It's great to rescue any needlework. that one is so interesting. I like the blue transfer ware, very pretty even with the Illinois capitol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That piece is wonderful, Edgar. It was so nice of your friends to think of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you were able to rescue this fabulous piece of stitching. Your plate is beautiful as well. {{sigh}} Every time you post one of your fantastic finds I ask my husband "will you please take me to SF so I can go thrifting with Edgar?" !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great gift, glad your friends had the sense to give it to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This piece is just beautiful. I'm really enjoying the colors. I have to say October is my favorite block so far... that is until November is completed I'm sure! haha

    ผลบอล

    ReplyDelete

A Damp Weekend

 Gentle Friends, still stitching away on Sarah, and here's a snaperoo... ... I like all the little bits of "wonky" that are pa...